Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Our bodies are smart!

Saturday, October 20, 2007
The one piece of advice I could never get my head around when I was first pregnant, was that your body knows what it's doing in labour, and that I should let it do it's thing and not fight it. It turned out to be pretty true, but very very scary.

Now here I am, coming up on the end of the apparent 2nd trimester energy rollercoaster, and my body is starting to prepare me.

I have not slept for more than 6 hours a night this week. So while I've been going to bed at midnight, I'm up at 6am, and virtually unable to sleep during the day. That's a combination of a) not having time, b) having difficulty falling asleep and c) having difficulty staying asleep thanks to my two, now slightly larger, babies.

So how thrilled was I, when I was falling asleep on the couch at 8:30pm last night, and took myself off to bed and turned the light out at 9:30pm? Really really excited.

Until I woke up at 3:30 this morning, convinced someone was in the house. Damn pregnancy dreams. I managed to toss and turn until 4, when the urge to empty my bladder became too much. Then the door handle fell off the toilet door. Sigh. You know when it's just going to be one of those days?

So I've been up since then, playing on the computer, posting to various groups, doing a load of washing. Generally preparing for what it'll be like to have a newborn around again. Watch closely, because in the next few weeks you'll see me descend further into the "lack of sleep neurosis" that come with having no sleep and no cute newborn to show for it.

Wishing you all pleasant dreams. Heaven knows I'm not getting any!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    Oh, boy, do I remember this. It really not that pleasant - well, it's liveable when it's your first pregnancy and you only need to look after yourself, but afterwards....blech.

    Wishing you sound sleep soon!

    October 20, 2007 at 7:23 AM  

  2. Jass said...

    Isn't it just torture.
    At least I guess you get to catch up on a few things..
    I am 100% done at 2 (well thats this weeks feeling anyway)

    October 20, 2007 at 11:46 AM  

  3. teachingmum1970 said...

    I hear you on the lack of sleep thing - but very different reasons here!
    Good luck on getting caught up around the house

    October 20, 2007 at 6:33 PM  

  4. River said...

    I remember when I was pregnant not being able to sleep in any position except flat on my back, the one position not recommended in all the baby books.

    October 22, 2007 at 5:26 PM  

Post a Comment