Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Day 2...

Friday, October 5, 2007
Today was day 2 of my monster October plan. Believe it or not I'm actually up to date. I conned Hubby into helping me do the spare bedroom before he sat down to watch TV, and it's all done, despite the fact it was expected to be a 2 day job. I'm thinking I might make a list and check it off in the sidebar as we conquer each room, so far we've packed the office and the spare bedroom. Remembering that this is packing excess stuff. I'm going to have to do it all again when we move, but the "stuff" will be greatly reduced, and hopefully tidier and thus easier.

As I go I've been tidying cupboards and drawers, so when the time does come it'll be easy. As I go I've been doing bits and pieces in the linen cupboard (by far our most "cluttered" space, not as in overflowing, but as in full of stuff, only 1/3 of it is actually linen). I've discovered these plastic boxes that are mostly useless (no lids) fit neatly on the shelves, so as I've sorted stuff I've put them in a box, so far I have a baby box (with new linen and clothes for the baby), a food box (with emergency food supplies) and a Christmas box (with obviously, Christmas stuff: tablecloths, disposable plates etc). I can fit 5 boxes across a shelf, so I'm going to keep plugging along at it, and hopefully by the time I'm done I'll have 2 complete shelves of boxes, and then 3 shelves of nice, tidy linen. Ok, maybe 2 shelves, and the other shelf can be suitcases.

Now looking at my list for tomorrow, it's very short (basically a Tupperware party and notes on a chapter for uni (short chapters thank goodness) so I'll try and start on Sunday's stuff as well if I get time.

I seem to be managing a lot at night while the kids are in the bath/going to sleep. It's that bit cooler (ie 23 celcius) so I dodn't feel so hot and bothered all the time, and Hubby is home to help.

It seems to be working...

3 comments:

  1. Kez said...

    Great going Kin!

    October 6, 2007 at 8:14 AM  

  2. Unknown said...

    WOW!! you are powering ahead ~ that's excellent Kin :)

    October 6, 2007 at 9:56 AM  

  3. River said...

    Heh, your linen cupboard sounds a lot like mine. The top unreachable without the stepladder is full of unknown stuff, there's one shelf of sheets/pillowcases, one shelf of towels/facewashers/tablecloths, all the other shelves are soaps, shampoos,toothpase&brushes, detergents (kitchen&laundry), toilet paper, boxes of tissues etc. Heck, when things are on special I like to stock up BIG. Oh and the sewing machine is in there too.

    October 7, 2007 at 1:02 PM  

Post a Comment