Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Attitude

Saturday, October 6, 2007
For my 100th post, I wanted to have something nice and profound to say. Alas you're left with this.

Today I had a Tupperware party. Nothing unusual about that, I tend to do 2 a month when I'm "active". What was unusual was that I dated 3 parties. I have never had much luck with dating parties. I don't know if it's my attitude, the fact that having failed several times I don't bother trying, or what. All I know is, I don't often have much success.

Speaking to the hosts before the party, I asked if they wanted to go for one of the host gifts, which required 2 dates to qualify. They were a little ambivalent, so I said I'd try and see what happens.

I cast my mind back to all my managers emails about dating, what she says, how she says it, and when she says it, and I DID IT ALL. Everything she said, exactly as she said. It sounds simple, but I'm (believe it or not) not a pushy person. To me it felt pushy, but the fact that by the 300th time I said "why don't I come to your house and show you, and you can have some friends over?" every single person there was hysterical with laughter meant it was done with the right attitude. And I still booked 3 parties. Out of 4 guests (I'm still working on the other one).

Now, while this sounds like a Tupperware lesson, it's really not. It's a lesson in life. We can accept that we're not successful in something, and carry on not succeeding at it. Or we can choose to listen to people who know the answer, implement it, and experience success. I can't tell you the pride I have today, because I WAS successful at something I didn't think I could do.

Obviously it doesn't work for everything, but in most cases, the only thing stopping success is our own self-doubt. I think about these 3 parties I've booked, and think about how successful they're going to be (not necessarily sales/dating wise) just because my self-doubt is gone. I CAN do big parties (today's was over $1200) and I CAN date parties.

And I CAN do all these parties in October. Umm. I'm going to be busy.

Another note, I will be flat out Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday this week, so pre-blogging it will be. And apologies if I don't keep up with comments. I promise to make up for it on Thursday.

6 comments:

  1. Kez said...

    Well that sounds like a profound post to me! Happy 100th post :)

    And while I don't have a clue what a "dating party" is, well done!!

    October 6, 2007 at 8:38 PM  

  2. Unknown said...

    Happy 100th post from me too!!

    and congratulation son sucha successful T/W party, the sales were great and having that positive attitude certainly got you those 3 other parties :)

    October 6, 2007 at 9:42 PM  

  3. Anonymous said...

    that was profound enough for me!! You're right though. Attitude has a lot to do with every aspect of our life... not just booking tupperware parties

    October 6, 2007 at 11:25 PM  

  4. River said...

    I love Tupperware, but the stuff lasts forever so I don't need any even though most of mine is from the late 1960's early 70's. Love all the new styles and colours, but just can't justify paying for new when the old is still doing the job really well.

    October 7, 2007 at 12:54 PM  

  5. Anonymous said...

    Happy 100th. Mine is coming up in a couple of days. Or today. Depends on how much I blather on.
    Apparently the tradition is to do a 100 things about me for the 100th post.
    I was hoping you would tell us about this dream you teased me with in the comments on my blog.

    Prince William???? You naughty girl. Now tell me!!!!!

    October 7, 2007 at 1:20 PM  

  6. Kin said...

    Thanks all!

    River I agree about Tupperware, I had all my mothers stuff from the 70's & 80's, but I started selling it so I could get the new stuff cheaper. That's where most of my money goes *sigh*.

    Kelley, I'd never heard that about the 100th post. I'll work on that for this week ;-) and stay tuned for more on Prince William ;-)

    October 7, 2007 at 2:01 PM  

Post a Comment