Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

It's all happening..

Saturday, October 13, 2007
at Kin's this week. There's been loads happening. I'm mostly trying to keep my head above water at this stage.

1. We started swimming lessons. We're still suffering the usual "I haven't done this in the last six months, so I'm not going to do it now" blues, but I'm hopeful we'll get over it eventually. We may be swimming at the lagoon a lot over the next few weeks.

2. I gave in, and have booked the girls into daycare for a second day a week - Monday. And they start in 2 days. To be honest I'm not sure what I'm going to do with all this spare time. At least I know I'm not doing it for me! M&M is so desperate to go more, and after Kiki's face lit up on arrival yesterday and the fun she has there, I know it's the right decision for them. Here's me, most carefree mother I know, unsure about how to spend 2 WHOLE DAYS a week without her kids. I imagine sleeping will feature heavily. And study. Of course.

3. M&M turns 4 on Monday, and her birthday party is tomorrow. The party planning hasn't been too crazy, M&M made the list of people to invite, what food she wanted, what games she wanted and the cake she wanted. All I had to do was pull it all together. Bah! After a few altercations with the cake, I hope we've come to an understanding, and I'll post the pictures tomorrow night.

4. I don't have to tell most people who read my blog how important internet friendships can be, but it really hit home to me this week after an online friends son lost his battle for life after being born with VACTERAL Association. He was 5 months old. The support his family is recieving from online communities just blows my mind. RIP Christopher.

5. The adult daughter of a family friend drowned last night. Her poor mother was visited by police at 2am this morning with the news. Hubby's parents spent the night with her, I can't imagine how devistated she is.

I'm really hoping for a calmer week next week.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    I'm not the only one who has had an "interesting" week of ups and downs and what do I do with this?

    I hope the coming week is calmer for you.

    hugs

    October 13, 2007 at 10:53 PM  

  2. Snoskred said...

    Hey, it's Snoskred back again.

    A few months ago I added you to my "new blogs I am test driving" sidebar. I am dropping back to let you know I love your blog and I'm adding you to my permanent blogroll now.

    It's been a crazy week at my place too, but nothing as insane as yours by the sound of it.

    Cheers,
    Snoskred
    www.snoskred.org

    October 14, 2007 at 10:10 AM  

  3. Unknown said...

    I hope this next week is a lot better for you :)

    October 14, 2007 at 1:19 PM  

  4. Kin said...

    Thanks guys. I hope it's a lot calmer too. Although I have big plans...

    October 14, 2007 at 7:50 PM  

  5. Kez said...

    {{HUGS}} for the sad news you've had this week :(

    We start swimming again on Friday - I'm sure Billy will go through the same drama..

    Enjoy your extra time!

    October 15, 2007 at 7:47 AM  

  6. River said...

    I had never heard of VACTERL association, so clicked on the link to find out and I was horrified! I've tried to say more here, but I keep deleting. Words fail me. It's just too sad.

    October 15, 2007 at 2:35 PM  

Post a Comment