Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

$250 Savings Challenge - Update

Wednesday, October 3, 2007
Wow, I did get behind in this. Last weeks figures were as follows:

Savings from petrol: $18.90
Savings from groceries: $14.30
Total Savings $33.20 bringing my new total to $68.90

Although I did discover something wonderful last week. At first I was a little disappointed when I realised I hadn't been paying for childcare weekly like I usually arrange to, but when I questioned the centre about it, the director told me I was in credit, and she still owed me 5 weeks of care. Do you think I should claim all $800 worth that I haven't paid as part of my savings challenge? No, I didn't think so either. Fortunately, any spare money is automatically in our offset account, so at least it's working for us.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    Isn't it wonderful when you get a little surprise like that!?

    Today I checked my bank (pay day tomorrow) expecting to find precious little left. Had almost $500 left in there! Whooo Hooo! Then I went grocery shopping and spent $200 :( but on marked down meat and necessities! :)

    October 3, 2007 at 7:43 PM  

  2. Kez said...

    That was a nice thing to discover!

    October 3, 2007 at 7:58 PM  

  3. Unknown said...

    thats's great that you're so many weeks ahead on child care. And, congratulations for your continued savings :)

    October 3, 2007 at 8:47 PM  

  4. Anonymous said...

    woohoo - well done. That must have made you want to do a little happy dance.

    October 3, 2007 at 11:13 PM  

Post a Comment