Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Menu Plan Monday - 15 October

Monday, October 15, 2007


Happy 4th Birthday to M&M today. She's so excited and had a wonderful birthday yesterday. I'll post about that later this afternoon.


Did the shopping this morning and came in under budget again. The fridge & freezer are looking well stocked, in fact I found at least 22 meals of meat in the freezer this morning. I've even cut back on the meat I buy. On to the plan for this week:


Monday - Spaghetti Bolognaise, garlic bread and salad, with Apple Crumble and Ice Cream for dessert

Tuesday - Meat pie, mashed potato and steamed vegetables

Wednesday - Apricot Chicken

Thursday - Hubby & kids are eating at Grandma's

Friday - Sausages & coleslaw at the lagoon

Saturday - Roast Chicken & roast vegetables

Sunday - Roast chicken rolls (with leftover roast chicken)


A fairly average week this week, with all the swimming going on it's tough to keep up with the cooking sometimes.


Have a good week, and as always, sticky beak on what everyone else is eating at Laura's site

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    ohh--we love chicken!! I love the meals you chose this week.

    October 15, 2007 at 2:25 PM  

  2. River said...

    Coincidence again1 We also had roast chicken this weekend and I cooked twice as much vegetables so tonight I just have to serve and microwave, although I am going to make fresh gravy. We'll be having rhubarb & apple crumble for the next couple of days since I went to visit my daughter and the rhubarb in the front garden was HUGE so I cut heaps and I've cooked it with all the apples I had, made two crumbles, and frozen the rest of the cooked fruit in crumble size portions. It's one of my favourite desserts, right up there with fudgy mars bar brownies.

    October 15, 2007 at 2:44 PM  

  3. River said...

    Oh and I kick-started myself and the christmas shopping is well under way. Finally.

    October 15, 2007 at 2:46 PM  

  4. Kez said...

    Happy birthday M&M!

    October 15, 2007 at 2:53 PM  

  5. Jenny said...

    The apricot chicken sounds yummy!!
    Great menu!

    October 15, 2007 at 3:39 PM  

  6. A Juggling Mum said...

    Yummy menu, thanks for sharing it :)

    Rachel xxx
    A Juggling Mum

    October 15, 2007 at 3:48 PM  

  7. Kin said...

    Excellent River! oooh, Rhubarb & apple crumble sounds delish! I'll have to try that one time. And well done on starting your Christmas shopping!

    October 15, 2007 at 6:39 PM  

  8. TracyMichele said...

    Roast Chicken Rolls? Can you share the recipe? I am intrigued.

    And a big Happy Birthday to M&M!!

    October 16, 2007 at 1:21 AM  

  9. Anonymous said...

    The chicken rolls sound great!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Kerri

    October 16, 2007 at 6:04 AM  

  10. Anonymous said...

    Good job on coming under budget!
    great looking menu.

    October 16, 2007 at 11:56 AM  

Post a Comment