Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

A two car family

Thursday, November 15, 2007
It's only taken us 7 years to get our acts together. Well, we didn't really, it was kind of handed to us by our wonderful in-laws. Have I mentioned lately how much I love them? Oh yeah, I have. Anyway. They offered us their second car for a bargain price, to be paid when the house sells.

So! We're a two car family. No more late nights dragging the girls from their beds to the car to pick Hubby up after a call-out. Or juggling work, study, kids and stuff with the one car.

Of course now I'm going to need to find the extra money in the budget somehow. But I'm sure the money's there. Somewhere.

In the meantime, we have two cars. YAY!

7 comments:

  1. Kez said...

    YAY!

    Speaking of study - how's it going?

    November 16, 2007 at 6:22 AM  

  2. Kin said...

    Ahem, funny you mention that Kez. I was watching Law and Order last night, and was happy to note that I ws able to apply the rules I've been learning to the case. Of course, I couldn't think of the cases to back it up. But still. I was pleased I at least knew the rules, which is what the exam is.

    But apart from that... study? what study?

    November 16, 2007 at 8:25 AM  

  3. KellytheCulinarian said...

    My sister also watches Law and Order and other law-ish shows for Mock Trial debates for school.

    November 16, 2007 at 11:56 AM  

  4. Unknown said...

    that's great that trnasport will be easier for you all!

    November 16, 2007 at 12:32 PM  

  5. River said...

    I used to watch Law and Order and loved it, but hubby hates it and about a year ago he stsrted insisting that it was just the same old c**p week after week and he'd rather see something else. As we're a one TV household we now watch pretty much whatever he wants most of the time as long as he leaves me my CSI Sundays.

    November 16, 2007 at 4:37 PM  

  6. Esther Quinn said...

    Oh the joys of being a two car family - particularly when one member of the household works shift work. We are only a matter of a couple of weeks away from having two cars that can transport one adult and two kids - instead of only one car that takes two kids. This means that if I so desire, and I am running REALLY late or it's raining (as if!) I can actually drive to work every day if I choose; and no more "well, I want the car" "but I need the car" conversations!!!

    November 17, 2007 at 10:22 AM  

  7. Anonymous said...

    YAY!!! Oh how I miss not having 2 cars (while our other one rusts in the backyard cause DH wont get off his arse and do something about it)

    Fabulous news. Fabulous inlaws!

    Congratulations!

    November 18, 2007 at 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment