Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Personal election coverage

Friday, November 23, 2007
So you don't think I'm completely caught up in my own little world, here's my personal election coverage in preparation for tomorrow's voting extravaganza.

Why I'm not voting Labor
  1. Despite promising to ratify Kyoto, there has been no funding allocated to do anything about reducing our greenhouse gas emissions in line with the Kyoto time frame.
  2. Kevin Rudd is backing down on a pledge to hold a referendum on Aboriginal Reconciliation
  3. Labour has not provided funding (that I could find) for more training places for Doctors
  4. Kevin Rudd's lip licking annoys me to DEATH (I would use harsher terminology, but I don't think I've sworn yet on this blog, so I'll try and keep it that way).
  5. I DETEST Julia Gillard.
  6. Wayne Swan is possibly the least qualified member of the Labor party to do anything, and he's supposed to be our Treasurer if Labor win? No thanks!

Why I'm not voting Liberal

  1. All the policies I read tonight were too complicated to pick anything out. None of them make much sense to me.
  2. Oh, plus, I don't have a Liberal candidate - I have a National one. But you know. It's late.

Why I'm not voting Green

  1. I'm sure there are many reasons to not vote Green, but it's late, and I'm tired, and I just don't want to see Bob Browns face on TV everytime a bill goes to the Senate as he tries to justify how it fits with his policy (if Labor wins) or how it doesn't (if the Libs win). Ugh.
  2. Their website is annoying

Why I'm voting Democrat

  1. They are the only party who have clearly made women's issues a priority.
  2. Plus, it's either that, Family First or the CEC (and people think the Lib's use scare tactics?).

And that just about wraps up my campaign coverage. I'm off to bed, and hopefully when I wake up I'll be able to put a coherent argument together.

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    Talk about lick lipping - did you see Maxine McKew's "victory" speech. She kept running her tongue between her top teeth and her top lip, like she had something stuck there. Somebody hand that woman a toothbrush. Annoyed the sh*& out of me and that was only after watching her for 5 mins.

    Desertqueen

    November 25, 2007 at 9:38 PM  

Post a Comment