Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Who was I kidding?

Saturday, November 24, 2007
I'm exhausted. Shattered. Dying for sleep. And yet here I am. Damn the election coverage! I need my sleep!

Who was I kidding when I thought I would be able to (at 6.5 months pregnant) manage a law exam, 4 Tupperware parties, an open house and packing/preparing for a holiday all within a 7 day period??

Apparently myself.

Still suffering brain trauma after the exam on Thursday afternoon, I turned around yesterday and had my hair done, then took the entire family (ye gads!) to do a Tupperware party. The girls wanted to help, but in reality - not so much. They did make very useful fetchers though.

But it meant we were all out late last night, and all tired and cranky this morning. And late for swimming lessons. That left 2 hours to clean the house and vacate 4 people and a dog for the open (which seemed to go remarkably well, considering the election and all). No offers as yet, but the agent seems hopeful after today. We've been talking strategy this week, so maybe something will come of it.

So what did we do while we were out? Well, first we went to the shops to see Santa, but apparently Santa arriving at 10am means he's gone for the day by 12pm, and not back again til Monday. Who knew?

So we distracted the children with lunch and ice-cream, and tried again to find the missing lay-by. We now have about 75% of it, waiting on 2 dolls and an encyclopedia to turn up. Anytime before Christmas would be good guys.

We grabbed a bit of food shopping, and then headed in to vote. Hubby actually listened to me, and voted below the line on the Senate ballot, so it took FOREVER!, but that's ok. Democracy at work ladies and gentlemen.

But I'm TIRED, and my back is sore, and I have two parties to do tomorrow, and did I mention I'm TIRED??

But on the plus side, the house is still tidy! Mostly.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    Someone voted below the line? I think most people take one look at that metre long ballot paper and freak out.. ;)

    Congrats to him!

    Cheers!
    Snoskred
    www.snoskred.org

    November 25, 2007 at 11:05 AM  

  2. River said...

    As I took my metre long sheet I commented that if it were any longer it would be a toilet roll. Everyone giggled.

    November 25, 2007 at 4:23 PM  

  3. Anonymous said...

    hope you get some rest soon darl

    November 25, 2007 at 7:46 PM  

  4. Kez said...

    {{HUGS}}. It'll be over soon!

    November 25, 2007 at 7:52 PM  

  5. Anonymous said...

    OMG I am exhausted just reading all of that!

    Yay for the still tidy house!

    November 25, 2007 at 9:05 PM  

Post a Comment