Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

The Google Pagerank Saga

Friday, November 16, 2007
I don't often write about blogging, or blogs. It's not that I have no interest in it, it's just that other people do it much better than me. But today I feel compelled to.

I also don't pretend to know a lot about blogging, I just keep writing posts and get excited everytime more than 30 people visit me a day. Sad, isn't it?

See, Google uses pagerank to show the authority of a site. Using their algorithm (I think that's like a formula) and their rules. Break those rules, and Google will punish you by reducing your pagerank to 0, which has happened to a lot of people this week. So I'm joining Snoskred and saying goodbye to Google. It might take a while. Search engine is easy to change. Calendar? also easy (I mean I have Outlook here for a reason). Email and this blog may take some time, but rest assured the process has begun.

The article of Snoskred's I've linked to above talks about other services similar to Google's, and also has some great links to articles that explain better than I can what the hell's going on. Snoskred is also running competition to celebrate her Page Rank drop.

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    Thanks Kin! ;) I appreciate the linkage and the support.

    I will add your entries to the bowl!

    You know what is fantastic about reading blogs via bloglines? I can link back to my blog instead of my blogger profile. I love it!

    Cheers!
    Snoskred
    www.snoskred.org

    November 18, 2007 at 11:30 AM  

Post a Comment