Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

A Nice Phone Call

Sunday, November 4, 2007
As you are no doubt aware, we're up to our elbows in cleaning the house ready for open inspections this coming weekend. I've been working my little (or not so little) butt off this weekend. I don't feel like I've achieved much, but I know we have.

What made today that much more plesant, was the phone call around lunch time, from my mother-in-law, telling me to not clean the bathroom because she would do that when she came over. And that she was bringing dinner.

Now I don't say this enough, but I LOVE my in-laws. And this weekend has shown why. Yesterday afternoon they took the girls for six whole hours!! so we could clean. And today my mother-in-law comes and cleans my bathroom, feeds us and even cleans up after herself. Father-in-law was also on hand to help Hubby in the garden (which is looking lovely!)

Unfortunately we didn't make it to the laundry today, which is by far the dirtiest room, but I'm counting on the agent not wanting to take a photo of that to put on the internet, so it has moved down the priority list. Tomorrow's list consists of a mad morning running around with work/kids, and an afternoon (or 3 hours) of getting the house in final shape for photos.

I've decided I'd just like to sleep, and wake up when the house is sold, if that's ok?

3 comments:

  1. Kez said...

    How lovely of your in-laws! I have great ones too - it makes a big difference, doesn't it?!

    November 5, 2007 at 6:06 AM  

  2. Unknown said...

    what great in-laws, though I must say mine are fantastic too!!

    house selling is a pain in the ... isn't it. Hope it sells quickly..:)

    November 5, 2007 at 9:33 AM  

  3. Anonymous said...

    Will your inlaws adopt me? There is a moudly smell in my bathroom that I cannot FIND the source!! Arggh.

    It won't be long, babe, and it will all be over and you can sleep :)

    November 5, 2007 at 2:03 PM  

Post a Comment