Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

What I'll Miss

Wednesday, November 21, 2007
There will be lots of great things about this town that I'll miss when we move. The water, the boats, the weather.

But something I will miss (despite not ever getting used to it) is walking into a hospital appointment and having a familiar face peer at you and say "didn't I deliver one of your babies?" Ahem. Yes, you probably did. So far every midwife and doctor I've seen at the hospital this time around has somehow been involved in the births of my previous two children. And the "new" midwife, who wasn't, was my lactation consultant with the second.

Of course the amusing side of all this is that they're more excited than I am - they don't have to take the child home with them. So they do their best to scare me by telling me about their rebel children born around the same time as this one is due. Thanks for the vote of confidence. I already have one "highly spirited" child (Kiki) and one "sensitive" child (M&M). I'm honestly not sure which is worse at this point. Surely there's something in the middle?

But the outcome of the appointment was.... nothing. Both bub and I are increadibly healthy. Everything is on track and oh that's right, her head is almost engaged already!! That would explain the bruising under my right ribs. Thanks. Is i t any wonder it takes me a while to bond with my children??

And now, it's back to study!

4 comments:

  1. River said...

    Since you've already picked the child's name do you know if you are having a boy or a girl? Or have you chosen a unisex name?

    November 21, 2007 at 5:57 PM  

  2. Kez said...

    Glad to hear all is well!

    November 21, 2007 at 9:09 PM  

  3. Anonymous said...

    I know what you're saying :) My daughters both decided my gallbladder was a football and my ribcage the goal! But well worth it :)

    November 21, 2007 at 11:42 PM  

  4. Kin said...

    River - we're having a girl. It's definitely a girly name too hehe.

    November 22, 2007 at 5:00 PM  

Post a Comment