Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

The Things We Do For Our Children

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Oh yes, if you have had children in about the last 10-15 years you'll probably recognise the character to the left as Dorothy the Dinosour, a good friend of the Wiggles.
Today we're off on an adventure, to a nearby town (only an hour's drive) to see the Dorothy Dance Party. We're leaving early, picking up the tickets and (weather permitting) stopping for a picnic in the park next to the beach.
Not exactly thrilled with the idea I didn't mention this to the children until this morning, now, as you can imagine, every second time one of them opens their mouths it's to tell me that we're going to Dorothy's Dance Party, or to ask when we're going to Dorothy's Dance Party. I should've known better. At least my mother-in-law is coming to help break the monotony.

7 comments:

  1. Kez said...

    lol Enjoy! I save mine up for the real Wiggles - that way I can perve too :)

    September 5, 2007 at 9:34 AM  

  2. Kin said...

    Ugh I would Kez, but the nearest the Wiggles get is 1200km away *sigh*. We really *are* in the middle of nowhere ;-). The place we're going to is actually our nearest cinema, 50km away. The next closest one is 150km away. And it's at the cinema cause there's nowhere else to do it. Mumble Grumble.

    DH did take Miss nearly 4 last year, so she has seen them before. But that was pure luck, a friend of a friend had tickets and couldn't go and we happened to be in town that week.

    September 5, 2007 at 9:40 AM  

  3. Unknown said...

    what fun~ LOL Hope you enjoy Dorothy!!

    September 5, 2007 at 11:24 AM  

  4. TheNanny612 said...

    What a wonderful Mommy you are. You make sacrifices for the kids!! ;-)

    I know what you mean about not telling your children until the last minute.... mine wouldn't have stopped talking about it until we got there and probably for another 3 weeks after.

    Let us know how it was.

    Shana Albert

    September 5, 2007 at 11:52 AM  

  5. Kin said...

    We're home and in one piece! I'll post an update as soon as I get over this horrific tiredness, and possibly even some pics!

    September 5, 2007 at 5:57 PM  

  6. Anonymous said...

    Blech. Glad I never had to go to a Dorothy Dance Party! I remember my first Wiggles concert though... DD15 was 4 or 5. Mmmmmm, Anthony was hot then! Saw them at the same place where DH and I saw the Cockroaches! LOL!
    Hope you manage to rest up.

    September 5, 2007 at 6:28 PM  

  7. River said...

    Years ago i took my 4 to see the ghostbusters movie. Didn't tell them what we came to town for until we walked into the cinema to but the tickets. Of course the next few weeks was nothing but "who you gonna call? Ghostbusters!"

    September 5, 2007 at 7:25 PM  

Post a Comment