Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Packing light

Friday, September 14, 2007
I'm off to Sydney today, and inspired by Monica's post "Tips for Packing Light" at the Clutter Control Freaks blog, I'm packing light. I was also inspired to make up a permanently packed bag of travel toiletries (interestingly enough I was able to do it mostly from things already in the house)

As an example, the picture below shows the bag I would usually take for such a trip (4 days, 3 nights plus uni work) on the left, and the bag I am actually taking on the right.


Yeah, that's a difference. Now if you imagine the size of the bag on the left as the carry on suitcase size, the bag on the right looks even smaller hey? Yeah, I thought so too.

It'll be a bare necessities weekend, but that's ok because I may end up sharing a room. It also helps that I only have precisely 7 maternity shirts and 4 maternity bottoms, so I could probably barely fill the small bag with all the clothes that fit me even if I tried. Back to the point: I really think this bag is the prefect size for these weekend trips of mine, and will help me not to pack piles of crap that I really don't need. I hope.

So yeah, I'm off for the weekend. I won't have my laptop with me (*pout*) but I reckon I can log in and post you all a little something while I'm away. If I don't, it just means I'm actually doing what I was there for and working really hard, and I'll see you all on Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Unknown said...

    wow, that certainly is packing light!!! Hope you get plenty of work/study done :) take care, Ali

    September 14, 2007 at 7:42 AM  

  2. Kez said...

    Study hard & enjoy your weekend!

    September 14, 2007 at 7:44 AM  

  3. River said...

    So I guess you're taking more than a pair of knickers and a toothbrush then?

    September 14, 2007 at 3:37 PM  

  4. Grizabella said...

    Lol, Good Luck, i always start with the best intentions , but hen end up bring more back with me :D Enjoy your time away

    September 15, 2007 at 7:02 PM  

Post a Comment