Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Are we glad that's over?

Tuesday, September 25, 2007
I am! I have given myself a "holiday" from study until Sunday, and to get the house in some sort of shape again. I started tonight in the kitchen and laundry. You know, those two places that fall apart if you ignore them for so much as a day? I have many plans over the next few days that involve organising quite a few things.

1. Moving - Hubby's work has a couple of units that are empty and will be for a while, so we're going to try and get the house on the market since we have a guaranteed place to live if it sells quickly. This of course involves major decluttering, packing and cleaning. I've made a list and will be calling a few places to help out starting tomorrow, including 2 or 3 real estate agents.

2. Office - Seriously, it's a disaster. It needs help. That is the first place I will "pack".

3. Finances - yeah, again. I can't wait to return to a cash based system. Speaking of which, keep an eye out for my "Managing Money for New Budgeters" post coming soon. It's something that's dear to my heart and I hope it'll help a few people out.

4. House - in general, it's a mess. Too. Much. Stuff. I'm working on it.

5. Garage - we did really well in July when we attacked it, but we literally have 30-40 empty boxes that are in a massive pile. I need to sort them out, and finish packing the rest of the stuff up.

Now, I don't say I'm going to be doing all this by Sunday, but hopefully by then I'll have the house in a "maintenance holding pattern" until a) we put it on the market and hire a cleaner or b) my exam is over and I can relax for 3-4 months, apart from the whole, having a baby thing. And maybe, just maybe, I'll find the time to attack these other projects.

3 comments:

  1. Kez said...

    Good luck with it all :)

    September 26, 2007 at 7:07 AM  

  2. Unknown said...

    you certainly sound organised ~ it is a good plan!

    September 26, 2007 at 9:06 AM  

  3. Anonymous said...

    WOW! That is a heck of a lot to get done. Please be gentle on yourself.
    If you have a minute to scratch yourself pop over to my blog cause I have got a present for you :)

    September 27, 2007 at 9:52 AM  

Post a Comment