Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

The State of the Study

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

This Friday marks my semi-annual foray south to convince my lecturers I’m doing enough work to complete the assignments. This is rather an expensive proposition, between flights, getting to the campus, accommodation etc etc. All up I think this trip will cost me at least $500 in airfares, travel and accommodation. Now accommodation does include all my meals, but you can guarantee other expenses will come up. Like the fact I have to leave at 6am to catch the plane home – no self respecting university would serve breakfast before 6am on the mid-semester break!

The reason I add all the associated expenses up like that is because at times like this, when I should be studying furiously, I’m instead pondering my blog, and whether or not I like the new layout. $500 (on top of fees and text books etc) is a lot of money and I hope it would motivate me into trying to catch up. It doesn't seem to be working...

So in response to the title of this post, the state of the study is dismal. I have a ton of work to do and just no motivation. Basically 5 sessions left to prepare for (of a possible 8) and just not enough time, which means I don't want to start, cause I'll never finish - right?

I wonder what Hubby's doing for lunch?

4 comments:

  1. Unknown said...

    I hope you've managed to get even a little bit of study done and that hubby made you lunch :)

    September 12, 2007 at 3:25 PM  

  2. lightening said...

    I'm back and you've been busy changing things while I've been away. :-) I like changing things from time to time too - I think it looks great. Nice and fresh.

    I hear ya on the study issue. I was always a huge procrastinator in that regard. Kind of glad I'm not trying to study at the moment. Haven't done any since my first child was born. :-) One day I'll do some more though...

    Hope you found a way to get into it. :-)

    September 12, 2007 at 6:13 PM  

  3. Kin said...

    Umm, yeah I had hoped to get more study done. I'm gonna make a real effort tonight.

    Lightening, I had a major communication breakdown with my layout while you were away LOL. Took me ages to find one I liked, now I have to go through and put it all back together again. I'll get there!

    September 12, 2007 at 6:44 PM  

  4. Anonymous said...

    I hear you Kin on the state of study, i spent the weekend doing all the referencing and building bibliography etc and then wrote my 1750-2000 word essay on monday and handed it in around 4pm (due 5pm). Wasnt til today i noticed that while its correct on the computer, it has been printing the bibliography without any of the italics for the journal names and book names. I can only hope my assessor is impressed with the amount of references and use of them every few sentences, that he doesnt notice the oddity in the bibliography (using Endnote, it still needs work to work properly with the referencing system my "school" at my uni is using (apa 5th has been taken and "improved" and is our current referencing system, the third i have "had" to use in the last 8 years, very confusing). I currently study from around 11pm until 4am on average, at least 5 nights a week, but some nights, like tonight, i have done Sweet FA towards study and instead have read entire blogs of several people, oh well i tell myself at least my brain is still working while its having a rest from words like acetylcholinesterase, which i typed so many times on monday that i doubt i will ever forget how to spell it.

    September 19, 2007 at 4:22 AM  

Post a Comment