Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Oops!

Thursday, September 20, 2007
I shouldn't be let out of the house when sales are on. Target's Home Sale started today, featuring my favourite home item - 1000 count cotton sheets for $99.95, reduced from $249.95. Bargain. And trust me, once you've tried them, you'll never go lower than 1000 again! A couple of bathmats, cushions and a new dinner set later (oh, yeah, we kind of wanted a new one - hehe) and I'd spent $200.

Then on to Harvey Norman. I scored an absolute bargain. $769 for an upright Dyson with a 6 year warranty. Now I have no excuse for not vacuuming. Oops!

So all up nearly $1000 spent before 11am. Oops! (get the title reference now?) And there was so much more I wanted at the Target sale. Hubby and I are going back later tonight. Glasses and kids sheets are also on the list.

In my defence, these have been on our list for some time now. Our dinner set is nice, but very multicoloured, we wanted something white and basic and were keeping an eye out. We only have one set of nice sheets, so we needed another for when the kids, well, throw up in them. Our glasses are all mismatched again (when we moved here 5 years ago we had a matching set of 18, of that 18 we have 2 left!). The kids only have two sheet sets each - again not great when there's sickness invovled. A vacuum cleaner has been needed since mid-July. That's 2 months I've been without one. Thank goodness for tiles!

So I CAN justify it all. Honest.

And now I'm not going shopping (apart from tonight) for at least a week! Cause it's pay day next week *grin*

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    I got a new upright Dyson about a month ago. I love it! Enjoy your purchases. You got some really good bargains.

    Bettina

    September 20, 2007 at 4:10 PM  

  2. Unknown said...

    the vacuum cleaner was a neccesity and if the sheets help you sleep well then they're OK too!!

    September 21, 2007 at 7:50 AM  

  3. emma.jean said...

    Well at least these are things that will bless your home for a long time. :) I was seriously tempted by the Target home sale too... I wanted the cutlery set, towels, glasses, kids' doona covers and pillows. :)

    September 21, 2007 at 10:49 AM  

  4. River said...

    I love Harvey Norman, I'm going next year to lay-by a bigger i-pod,as soon as the laptop is paid off. I only have a 512mb shuffle, and it was great at first, but now I want more. Greedy, I know, but that's me. I'm thinking of one of those that plays video as well as music, then one cross town bus trips to visit any of the kids I can watch or listen as I choose.

    September 21, 2007 at 1:12 PM  

  5. River said...

    Ooops, typo! "one" should read "on"

    September 21, 2007 at 1:15 PM  

  6. Kin said...

    Thanks for the support! Certainly helps me rationalise my purchases.

    We haven't gone back yet for the glasses, Hubby said he would go tomorrow.

    It has been 5 years since I spent $60 on our current dinner set, so hopefully this $45 one will last as long. I still love my cutlery so wasn't tempted by that. I am tempted by towels (we have enough) and some kids sets (not needed) but I'm trying to be strong.

    September 21, 2007 at 5:42 PM  

  7. Snoskred said...

    I also love Harvey Norman, but for reasons I really can't go into. ;)

    However, having worked in many electrical stores I can tell you this. Most sales people are either pro Dyson or pro Miele when it comes to vacuum cleaners.

    Considering I used to work many years ago in an enormous store at least as big as your average Harvey Norman, and they made me vacuum the entire thing daily with an upright Dyson, and then go out to the bins to empty it where if there was the slightest gust of wind everything I just vacuumed up ended up all over me, I hate the things with a passion. I love my Miele. They will have to pry it out of my cold, dead fingers. With a crowbar.

    And since we got the turbo head for it, the other half and I have been arguing about the vacuuming. Over who *gets* to do it!

    I also love my Roomba. Which vacuums on my behalf while I do other things.

    That said, the Dysons are a good vacuum and I know a lot of people who have them and swear by them. They probably (and wisely) empty theirs out indoors. ;)

    Snoskred
    www.snoskred.org

    September 22, 2007 at 12:40 PM  

  8. River said...

    Hi, Snos. I've heard a lot about those roombas from my younger daughter who wants one more than she wants chocolate because she just isn't into housework, but if she bought one it would get lost in the mess on her floor...

    September 22, 2007 at 6:49 PM  

  9. Kin said...

    Oh I bought one of those for my mother-in-law.

    September 22, 2007 at 7:08 PM  

Post a Comment