Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

The nice lady

Friday, September 28, 2007
The nice lady came this morning, and she was wonderful. I have a list of things to do, but it's not as long as I thought it would be.

Basically, I have to pack. So I'm starting this weekend with the office. Yeah, the room I can barely step inside. I will probably do before and after shots too. Stay tuned for that one.

The nice lady will be back at the end of October to sell my house. I'm going to call this afternoon:

A removalist (to store our stuff)
A maintenance company (for a few external bits & pieces)
A carpet cleaner
An electrician
A pest controller

I will call on father-in-law for help with the gardens, and then just get my butt stuc into the packing. I already have 16 boxes packed for storage. I reckon I'll double it by the end of the weekend.

In other news I have 2 days work stocktaking at Woolworths in a week or so. That'll help cover the above costs.

4 comments:

  1. Snoskred said...

    I just unpacked maybe the 3rd to last box I'm unpacking in this house.. ;)

    For me packing is a LOT easier than the unpacking and I enjoy it a lot more than the unpacking. You don't have to decide where things go. You know where they go. Into a box. ;)

    Putting things in boxes is easy but it sounds to me like maybe you might have to do a "Do I really need to keep this?" question with a lot of stuff. I threw out much during this last move. It's so freeing. ;)

    Cheers!
    Snoskred
    www.snoskred.org

    September 28, 2007 at 4:15 PM  

  2. Kin said...

    I definitely have to do a massive clean out. Particularly in the office. I joked to Hubby this morning that I couldn't clean out the office this weekend cause the bin is already full.

    But I have to start somewhere. I'll probably start tonight actually. I already have 16 boxes packed ready to go in the garage. Oh that reminds me, I was going to get some moving labels.

    September 28, 2007 at 4:21 PM  

  3. Kez said...

    Glad the nice lady didn't give you a big list :)

    Good luck with it!

    September 29, 2007 at 8:13 AM  

  4. River said...

    I love the unpacking part.It's a bit like christmas. And I'm a real freak when it comes to arranging stuff in new cupboards. I love it. Even without moving I clean out cupboards and rearrange stuff. Some of it gets rearranged into the Goodwill bin.....

    October 1, 2007 at 1:55 PM  

Post a Comment