Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

$250 Savings Challenge

Monday, September 10, 2007

Well, I've done it. I've completed my first $250 savings challenge. Last week the grocery total came to $85, leaving me with $40 to add to the pot. In addition to the $3.85 I scrounged from various purses/wallets and hidey holes. So a total of $43.85, bringing the total to an even $269.00 After completing the first $250 savings challenge, I already have $19.00 start on my second. Excellent!
Over the weekend I bid on and won an ebay auction for an exercise bike, exactly like what I wanted. Including postage it was $232.40, so I even managed to save $17.60 on the purchase over what I had budgeted. I might shout the kids lunch one day this week with the leftover. Somewhere special, like a gormet pizza place, I'm sure I have a shoppa-docket around here somewhere :-)

4 comments:

  1. Unknown said...

    woohoo ~ congratulations on your savings :) and on getting the exercise bike for under the $250 as well. You're well on your way to the next $250 :)

    September 10, 2007 at 1:39 PM  

  2. River said...

    I had an excercise bike once, it was in the corner of the lounge room and I watched tv while pedalling away. When we moved the next house was smaller and the bike didn't fit so it stayed in the yard and slowly rusted away.My husband wouldn't let me sell it.

    September 10, 2007 at 3:34 PM  

  3. Kez said...

    Wooohooo! Well done!

    September 10, 2007 at 7:08 PM  

  4. lightening said...

    Congratulations!!!! :-) Good buying on the exericse bike too!

    September 12, 2007 at 6:16 PM  

Post a Comment