Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Study update

Wednesday, September 19, 2007
I'll admit I've been really slack when it comes to uni work this semester. Well, I thought I had. I had read about half the readings, done a lot of the preparation for the on campus sessions, but still felt unprepared. Once in the room however, I realised that I was still far more prepared than about half the students, and still one of the more vocal members of the group.

I did realise, however, that I am now really behind in the assignment that is due on Tuesday. I took great notes whenever it was mentioned on the weekend, I've dug out all the instructions, and to be honest, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by it all.

I've broken it down into parts, but it's still the getting started that's stopping me. Well, that and the list of 30 or so readings to do before I start. And I kind of have to do those readings before I decide on the angle of my essay.

Well, this isn't getting it done is it? Does anyone have any tips for getting started?

5 comments:

  1. Unknown said...

    my only advice is amke sure you break your study up into sessions of about 30-40 minutes long and no longer with breaks in between ~ good luck :)

    September 19, 2007 at 12:27 PM  

  2. River said...

    Like Nike--just do it. But take breaks to eat and preserve sanity. and hug the kids.

    September 19, 2007 at 4:13 PM  

  3. Anonymous said...

    Organise the readings first and have snacks and drink on hand next to where you are reading, because i find that if i get up to get a drink or get a snack then i get sidetracked and read emails and blogs, and do dishes and washing or wipe down the bathroom, all very productive household things, but doesnt help me get the readings done. I did the same thing this weekend, had to spend saturday and sunday reading and reading and from 3am monday until 3.30pm i wrote the essay as well as doing more reading as i found i needed more bits and peices as I got further into it. In total about 50 journals and 10 text books accessed over three days.
    Coffee, lollies, fruit, water and chocolate, i find i need more sugar when having to read so much in so little time (no idea why and i am a nursing student :( )

    September 19, 2007 at 4:18 PM  

  4. lightening said...

    Here's a kick up the bum *KICK* Did that help? :-) I used to keep a glass jar of smarties on my desk (actually they were cheap smartie rip-offs cos smarties were too dear lol). Always motivated me to sit down at my desk. LOL.

    September 19, 2007 at 5:40 PM  

  5. Kez said...

    I'm a master procrastinator so no help here! My housework always seem to get done when I have an assignment due :)

    Good luck with it!

    September 19, 2007 at 6:46 PM  

Post a Comment