Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Toy Sale Spending Splurge & Analysis

Saturday, July 7, 2007
Goodness, adding up the dockets took my breath away momentarily. Just a moment. There, I'm back. Drumroll please... The grand total of toys I have on layby is.... $475. Ouch! So, here comes the part where I justify the expenses:

Soon to be 4 year old's birthday gifts:
Dora Pj's $18
Dora computer game $10
Dora Hopper $10
Dora House $30
TOTAL $68

Soon to be 3 year old's birthday gifts:
Dora Pj's $18
Dora Hopper $10
Tricycle $30
TOTAL $58

Christmas Gifts
For nephew (6 years) Magnetix set $15
For neice (4 years) Disney Princess $5
For friends daughter (9 years) Jenga $15
For friends son (1 year) Fire Engine $20 (thought the tag said $10 - I'll quiery that)
For other neice (4 years) Disney Princes $5
For daughters friend (4 years) Disney Princess $5
For nephew (2 weeks at xmas) Giggle Duck $15
TOTAL $80

For two kids (combined gifts):
Cranium Superfort (from us) $70
Wiggles toy organiser (from Santa) $60
Encyclopedia of Animals $18
Cash register $15
Mr Potato Head $20
Wiggles Guitar (x2 - one each) $30 (for both)
TOTAL $213

In the past my budgets have been $10 for other kids, $50 for birthdays, and $100 for xmas, due to the larger gift size, and buying some from Santa, some from us (ie the wiggles guitars will probably also be from Santa). I don't think that's too bad. You may notice that doesn't quite add up to $475. I've found a couple of discrepencies I'll go back in and quiery this week. As the time gets closer I will also put aside some new summer clothes for the girls to give to them for Christmas, and I try and buy them each one nice dress a year to be the "party dress" for the year.

Apart from that, the bulk of my Christmas shopping is now completed. Stockings here are generally filled with some useful items like pencils, hair ties, toothbrushes etc (with the odd treat thrown in). I'll start collecting for those once Miss Nearly 4's birthday is over and done with. Rumour has it she wants a mermaid party this year *sigh*. And here I was hoping she'd go for a pirate party so I could justify spending money on Pirates of the Carribean merchandise. Maybe next year....

2 comments:

  1. lightening said...

    You sound very organised (not that that surprises me)! :-) You did well with those dolls for $5!!!!

    I take it your girls are big Dora fans! :-)

    July 9, 2007 at 10:40 AM  

  2. Kin said...

    Ah, yeah Big Dora fans. BIG Big Dora fans. If you ask them who's coming to their birthday parties it's "Dora, Boots, Mermaid (they have a friend called Aeriel) and Sophie". Classic.

    The $5 dolls were a steal. They're about 30cm so not small either. There are all the Disney Princesses: Aeriel, Snow White, Cinderella, Jasmine, Sleeping Beauty and Belle. Needless to say I got one of each :)

    July 9, 2007 at 11:27 AM  

Post a Comment