Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Entertaining only one child

Thursday, July 12, 2007
Having my first two children 14 months apart means that ever since the eldest could walk, she's had someone to play with. Today I am facing the unevniable challenge of entertaining a 2.5 year old solo. So far I've come up with the following options.
  1. DVD's - yeah ok, that's boring
  2. Playground - oh my god, this girl needs to be pushed on the swing for hours. Next!
  3. Coffee and cake at the doughnut shop - she doesn't seem interested
  4. Library - she's begging to go, but we were only there 2 days ago, and she just runs around screaming anyway.
  5. Shopping - she's 2, she doesn't get the timewasting aspect of it yet.

I might take her to lunch at McDonalds, and then see what the afternoon brings. If all else fails i can always pick up Miss Nearly Four from daycare early and let her have a play there.

3 comments:

  1. Miscellaneous-Mum said...

    I've found having only one kid at a go quite liberating.

    And guilty-inducing, because I get to thinking, oh I should spend time with them equally.

    But I'm crazy!!!

    July 12, 2007 at 1:03 PM  

  2. Kin said...

    As an interesting post-script to my post this morning, apparently the 2.5 year old doesn't need entertaining. I keep getting told to "go away Mum".

    Maybe she'll go for a sleep soon and I can have one myself.

    July 12, 2007 at 1:27 PM  

  3. River said...

    Obviously well able to entertain herself. Oh the joys of independent children. I had 4 of them. None of them ever seemed to need me apart from cooking their food and washing their clothes.

    September 3, 2007 at 7:34 PM  

Post a Comment