Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

What we did on the weekend

Monday, August 27, 2007
For ages now I've been bemoaning the kids in our lounge room! I clean it up and 10 minutes later it's covered in toys and crap. SO I came up with the idea to set up a little lounge room in the dining room for them. I study and work on the computer in the dining room, and like most mothers spend a lot of time in the kitchen. This way they're supervised all the time, and have their own space (and we get our space back!)

So while this was planned for Saturday - other things happened, and it finally happened last night. Here is the before shot:


As you can see there's a lot of wasted space there (and it's well used). Here's the after shot:

They had two massive boxes of toys which I sorted into musical instruments, tea set and "other" and along with their lego that makes up the 4 boxes on the shelf. Under the table with the tv will be boxes with their DVD's when I finish decluttering the lounge room. Those pictures are taken from the kitchen room, so you can see they're well supervised while I'm there. Past the clock on the wall is the laundry, so I'm never far away now.

It was quite a big job, and I'm glad it's done now. 1 room down, 10 to go :)

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    Great job Kin! Enjoy your 'adult' space in the lounge now :)

    Kelley

    August 27, 2007 at 5:23 PM  

  2. Kez said...

    Looks great and sounds more workable.

    August 27, 2007 at 5:28 PM  

  3. Unknown said...

    looks good :)

    August 27, 2007 at 8:29 PM  

Post a Comment