Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Major decluttering

Sunday, August 19, 2007
I HATE clutter. It's probably due to growing up with an incredibly sentimental mother, and having dozens of knick knacks EVERYWHERE. If you look through my house, it's messy, and junk piles everywhere, but there's no knick knacks! It probably has something to do with the fact I didn't move for the first 11 years of my life, but since then I have moved 11 times (in 16 years).


And whilst I still am a sentimental person (2 boxes of school photos, letters, and books will attest to that) I just can't stand things that don't have a use. Like my garage. It's only use seems to be to store junk I don't want in my house. If I don't want it in my house, why do I still have it I hear you ask? Well, basically, a couple of reasons. Firstly I'm pregnant. Not restrictive in itself, but I need to be a bit more careful of what I do, and various ailments that afflict me during pregnancy limit my mobility somewhat. Secondly, until this weekend I hadn't been able to get out there without opening the front doors, which means my children coming in and out the front door, and the dog getting out. Not good. Thirdly, with two children at home, getting any decent block of time to make a dent is very difficult.


But this weekend, well, have I mentioned how special my in-laws are? I'm sure I have. They offered to take the girls ALL WEEKEND. So Saturday morning I dropped the girls off, and Hubby and I got stuck into the garage. Unfortunately I didn't take a before shot, and I'm not going to take an after shot until I'm satisfied, but with only a little bit of work I think we could get the boat in now :-)


4 boot loads to the tip, at least a ute full of stuff for the first charity that can collect it, 14 boxes to go into storage, and about 40 empty boxes. I'm feeling rather chuffed. Now to just get the rest of the house done.

3 comments:

  1. Unknown said...

    woohoo ~ that's great!! I still need to pull my finger out and sort out our guest room before my parents arrive in early November. I have a severe motivational problem :)

    August 20, 2007 at 7:39 AM  

  2. Kin said...

    Hi again Ali, I'm very excited really. At least I can get in there and do extra work now.

    August 20, 2007 at 8:35 AM  

  3. River said...

    Once you've got the house sorted you may vey well find the garage is full again, hee-hee.

    September 3, 2007 at 9:18 PM  

Post a Comment