Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

$250 Savings Challenge

Friday, June 15, 2007


So, the deal with the $250 savings challenge is to basically prove I can do it. I have such trouble saving, but when it's something for me, that I really want, well, I can do it. I saved $1100 for a piano in 6 months last year, so $250 is a small achievable target. And if I do it 4 times, that's $1000!
This will be an ongoing challenge - saving from our regular income until I have $250, then starting again. The first $250 is going to something for me. An exercise bike I've had my eye on for nearly 6 months now. I do miss the exercise bikes at the gym.
So anyone who's in, $250 is the goal - whenever you can!
My first aim is to get change from the petrol money over the next couple of weeks. I only have a few trips planned, all within town, so I should be able to save about $20-$30 from the petrol budget. That will be a great start.

2 comments:

  1. lightening said...

    I was thinking about you just a week or so ago and wondering if you'd ever saved enough to buy the piano you wanted.

    Good luck with your $250 savings challenge. Setting and reaching savings goals is one part of the way I budget and track that I find hard to do. We usually finish the year with some kind of surplus but I always find it hard to know how much that will be as we go. Something I need to think more about.

    June 16, 2007 at 8:21 PM  

  2. Kin said...

    Yeah, it was tough going. I did all sorts of Mystery Shopping assignments, I saved all my "pocket money" and gosh I can't even remember how I did it. Might have to sit down and think about it.

    June 17, 2007 at 10:43 AM  

Post a Comment