Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Blogging Update

Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Ok, I seem to be getting back into the swing of things. I've caught up on all my favourite blogs, so things should be getting back to normal for me in that department. There's a lot going on around here as well.

Hopefully sometime in the next week or so I'll be making the move to Wordpress, with Snoskred's help of course. This is assuming things go to plan, which I'm sure it won't. So if I disappear bear with me. I'll keep you updated on any progress.

While I was away a lot happened. I was tagged for a couple of meme's.

Firstly, I was tagged by the Homemaker of the 21st Century, who was tagged by Amanda at "All About The Green". She was tagged by Heather from Home With Heather and apparently the original tag came from Tamara Wilson of Tamara-Wilson.com.

So without further ado:

1. What did you accomplish this past week?
What a great question! Apart from sorting and packing $5000 worth of Tupperware? I'd have to say being able to cope with Hubby's pay not going through. I haven't blogged about it yet, but so close to Christmas it was a real challenge. It doesn't look like it will be fixed until Thursday either. Not a nice way to prepare for Christmas. I was supposed to be done by now.

2. Did anything not go as expected?
Ha! See above. Christmas is now all out of whack. Due to the lack of income, even things like postage stamps for Christmas cards have been postponed, so many of those will likely not make it in time for Christmas. Ah well, people should just be excited to get one from me. It's been 4 years since I sent any (about as long as I've had children).

3. What was the highlight of your week?
Oooh, tricky. Probably swimming lessons on Saturday when M&M was happy to show off her new swimming skills to all and sundry. Isn't it amazing how the simple things provide the greatest joy?

4. Did anything exciting happen that you did not expect?
EVERYTHING that happens to me is exciting, so I have a hard time with this one. Umm, oh, I've got one! Yesterday I went to the Big City with my mother-in-law, and apart from catching up a friend (albeit briefly) we went to the Baby Shop, and physically put the three carseats in my car that I wanted, and THEY FIT! It's been a bit of a saga, I was initially thinking I'd need a new car, but it turns out I don't - hooray! That was pretty exciting.

So there you have it, now for the linky love! 5 people hey? I tag:

1. Kez

2. Our Patch

3. Angus Made

4. Lightening Online (check our her new pretty site too!)

5. Cellobella at Sultana Blog

There, that's a nice variety of people.

While I was away Kez also tagged me for the 7 Random Things Meme.

Here are the meme rules:Rules:
1- Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2- Share 7 random and or weird things about yourself.
3- Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4- Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Ok, 7 random or weird things about me that I didn't cover in 100 Things About Kin? Here I go:

1. I couldn't float on my back until I was nearly 16

2. I am over organised in some aspects of my life, and really not in others. For example I have a complete travel set of toiletries ready to go at any point in time, but my bills? In a pile on my desk somewhere!

3. I loved lego as a kid. So much so that my Dad built me a tray on wheels that I could build a lego city on, and wheel out from under the bed whenever I wanted. I hope my kids enjoy things like that.

4. I have discovered recently that despite my age (27 remember?) I have a really really conservative risk profile when it comes to investing. At this point all I can do with my money is put it in a term deposit. Even buying a home is too risky for me. I might have to work on that.

5. I shouldn't be allowed to name children. After my cat Anna, our second pet was a dog called Dog. Really imaginative hey? It did suit him though.

6. When reading, I have to read a book to the end. There's only a couple of books I can think of I haven't finished. One is Far from the Madding Crowd, and the other is Lord of the Rings. Oh the shame. I'm a big fan of the story/movies though

7. Once upon a time I could recite the entire movie of The Princess Bride. In fact, I probably still could, given half a chance.

Right, now to tag 7 people(!!) who haven't already done it? Man. I don't think I know 7 people who haven't already done it. Let's see how I go:

1. Homemaker of the 21st Century

2. Angus Made

3. Kelley

4. Ali

Oh I don't know who else hasn't done it. If you haven't done it yet, I tag you, so get cracking!

Man, I've got so much more to write, but this post is long enough already. If you're lucky you might get another one out of me later today, after all it is washing day!

4 comments:

  1. Unknown said...

    thanks for tagging me! I did the 4 questions one this morning and the other one I did last week sometime!

    December 11, 2007 at 8:28 AM  

  2. Anonymous said...

    Great Answers! I'm sorry to hear things have been so rough!!

    I'll let you know when I get my post up :)

    December 11, 2007 at 11:25 AM  

  3. Lis said...

    Wow I am amazed at all tha tupperware! Not sure how much I would freak out if I didn't get paid! Hope it all sorts itself out soon :)

    December 11, 2007 at 7:44 PM  

  4. Anonymous said...

    now you are the 4 billionth person to tag me for this, so I really need to do it huh?

    And I still can't float on my back.....

    Kelley

    http://magnetoboldtoo.wordpress.com

    December 13, 2007 at 6:46 PM  

Post a Comment