Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

The Weekend So Far

Saturday, December 15, 2007
I should start with the reason I haven't been posting. I blame Hubby, although in this case I'm sure he'd be happy to accept blame. After another restless sleep on Wednesday night, I was sent by Hubby to the cute pharmacist to get something to help me sleep. Unfortunately the cute pharmacist was busy, but the other pharmacist, also good looking, was happy enough to help me out.

So now I've had 2 nights of almost solid sleep, I feel like a different person. Plus I'm not often awake at midnight or 2am to write posts. Which is of course where the problem comes in. So why am I up at midnight tonight? We've got visitors. So let me take you back to Thursday, when I find out the visitors are coming. I start panicing a bit, because the house was in a bit of a shambles. Then I knew I was going to be out all day Friday. Friday was busy. I was out of the house from 9am to 2pm. Then in and out from 4pm to 6pm. Firstly I had to deliver the kids to daycare. Then an appointment at the bank. In the carpark I ran into mother-in-law, so of course we had to have coffee. After I delivered some Tupperware. Then I went to the post office and posted my Christmas cards, the solicitor to drop off some paperwork. Then I got to start Christmas shopping. Hubby joined me for lunch and I finally got home at 2pm. I collapsed for a while, dozed a bit, then got up to sort the latest load of Tupperware that had arrived. Arranged delivery of that, wrapped presents, delivered Tupperware, wrapped more presents, picked up kids.

Got home and ordered pizza.

While I don't suggest these tablets knock me out for 8 hours solid, or anything like that (I'm taking a half dose), they do make it easier to go back to sleep when I wake up. Which I did, many, many times last night.

Thus, today, I was able to face the day with some measure of energy. After sending the kids off to swimming lessons with Hubby, I headed off to deliver more Tupperware, then went to the shops to finish the Christmas shopping. Which I did. Then I did the grocery shopping. Came home with the kids while Hubby finished his shopping (oooh, the suspense is huge in this house...).

With an hours notice our friends would be on our doorstep, we managed to get the spare bedroom, living areas and bathroom presentable and clean. They decided to take up our offer of a bed for the night, so we juggled everything around with the girls daycare party this afternoon and Hubby's work party tonight and we spent a lovely evening chatting and making lolly bags for tomorrow's party.

So I was a bit late taking my tablet, which is why you're getting me at nearly midnight. But it won't last much longer, so I'd better finish up before I stop making sense. Like now, you should have seen what I just wrote.

Be prepared for a party update either tomorrow night or Monday, and I hope your weekend is proving more restful than mine.


  1. Anonymous said...

    So glad you're getting some decent sleep now. You really need it to be able to keep the stress levels down at this time of year in particular.

    Enjoy all your parties!!

    December 16, 2007 at 2:02 PM  

  2. River said...

    If I did as many things in one day as you do, I'd sleep for a week, without tablets. I just don't seem to have the get up and go that I used to.

    December 16, 2007 at 3:39 PM  

  3. Anonymous said...

    Hope everything went well babe. You astound me at your energy levels!!!


    December 16, 2007 at 8:12 PM  

Post a Comment